Monday, November 15, 2010

New Gorillaz Album Recorded Entirely on an iPad

Gorillaz on iPadBlur frontman, Gorillaz mastermind and all-around pop genius Damon Albarn is already hard at work on the next release for his cartoon band, while still touring behind its latest release 'Plastic Beach.' But, rather than lug around a Tascam Portastudio or install a recording area on the tour bus, Albarn has turned to his iPad to create his latest musical musings. He told NME, "I fell in love with my iPad as soon as I got it... I hope I'll be making the first record on an iPad." According to Albarn, the album will (understandably) be completely different from past Gorillaz recordings, and possibly unlike anything the prolific artist has put out before. In the same interview with NME, Albarn said he hopes to have the new album out before Christmas -- which, for a band that generally takes four years between albums, would be surprisingly soon after the March release of 'Plastic Beach.'

New Gorillaz Album Recorded Entirely on an iPad originally appeared on Switched on Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:10:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.switched.com/2010/11/12/gorillaz-album-damon-albarn-ipad-recorded/

SYMANTEC SYKES ENTERPRISES INORATED SYBASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.